Don’t know how to apply for transit visa in Kenya? Don’t worry, in this article we have gathered all information related to transit visa. From clearly explaining what transit visa is, to explaining the process to apply, we got you covered.
What is a transit visa?
A transit visa is a type of visa that allows you to pass through or stop in a country for a limited period of time while you are on your way to another destination.
A transit visa is required if you have a layover or transiting through a country that requires a visa. Even if you do not plan to leave the airport during your layover, you still need to get it. The duration of stay permitted with a transit visa varies depending on the country. In kenya the maximum stay period shall not exceed 72 hours.
Requirements for Transit Visa in Kenya
- Valid travel document at least six months old.
- At least One Blank page in the holder’s passport.
- A round trip ticket.
Transit Visa Fees in Kenya
The total transit visa fee includes a convenience fee.
|TRANSIT VISA + Convenience fee
Apply Online for Transit Visa in Kenya
Anybody who need a transit visa in kenya, can use the evisa portal to submit online application. The evisa applications attract USD 1 service charge. You can make the payment using your Credit or Debit card.
You need to first of all, create an account on the evisa portal. After signing up, you can login and fill in the transit visa application on evisa.go.ke portal.
Online Application Requirements
During the online application process, you need to attach these:
- Passport biodata page
Clear instructions regarding the photo requirements are available on the evisa portal.
Key Points to note
- Visa processing fee is non-refundable.
- Providing false information is an offense and will make your Transit visa invalid
- The possession of a Transit Visa is not the final authority to enter the Republic of Kenya.
- Engaging in any form of business or employment without a requisite permit or pass is an offense.
- Please Note Children sixteen(16) year and Below are exempted from visa payment and are not expected to make visa application.
- In the event of lapse during payment please do not re-apply, contact the administrator on firstname.lastname@example.org.